Monday, June 13, 2011

The last days in Athens

Our last week in Athens was busy busy! We hung out with more people in one week than we normally do in a month or two. In our last week not only did we pack our life into boxes but we hung out with friends from school, work and church. It was a fun week, but was tiring!

We went out for dinner at the Taste of India with Greg, Val and baby Isla. If you have never eaten there and you are in Athens, you must go! Dinner was delicious and it was great to hang out with Greg & Val one last time. Of course we had to get some pictures in.


Trying to look philosophical.


Isla, we will miss seeing you grow up!
I also had a few parties with co-workers. At Piedmont they threw me a little luncheon. It was nice to just hang out, relax, and chat with my co-workers one last time.

I will miss hearing these wonderful ladies' life stories!

I also went out with co-workers from St. Mary's. We actually had three parties (two unrelated to me leaving) during my last week at work. I will miss these crazy girls (and Jeff)!! We always seemed to have a fun time together.



We also went out with friends from our small group Bible study one last time at Transmet and Trapeze. We are going to miss these guys and our wonderful discussions about Daniel, Amos Luke and many other books of the Bible. This group will always have a special place in our hearts as we grew close to them over the years with all the ups and downs of everyday life.


Michelle & Kelly are moving to NC this summer




LeAnne & Mike moved the same weekend we did but are making their way to Cali.

I was also able to squeeze in a night with some of the girls I met while getting my MBA. Beth & Anna I will miss you two!


We will miss all of our friends in Athens! Thanks for making our last few days in GA great!

And a special thanks to everyone that helped us load our moving truck. You guys were awesome! (BTW it only took one hour to unload it all).

2 comments:

  1. hi friend! I feel famous now that my picture is on your blog. :) Glad to hear y'all made it to MN...we are in Arizona now. We'll be in Pasadena by Wednesday night. Miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you guys made it safe! Let us know if you ever come back down to visit - I hope its not too far out! :-) And, of course, I love the new blog already. Keep the post coming, you are a great story teller!

    ReplyDelete