Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cranberries!

Last Saturday I went with my mom and two friends out to Stone Lake, WI to check out their Cranberry Festival and see some cranberry harvesting. The weather was perfect and we had fun exploring a small town and trying some new things. I tried the apple cranberry crisp at the festival, it was SOOOO yummy! After looking around Stone Lake we headed to a local cranberry farm, Zawistowski Family. This farm is the only one in the area that is certified Ocean Spray Cranberries. In the small white building below we bought lots of fresh and dried cranberries (craisins). I bough 1 pound of fresh cranberries and 8 one pound bags of craisins. If you have a good recipe that includes cranberries, please share!! They had all sorts of different craisin flavors: blueberry, pomegranate, mango, orange, raspberry, and a few others I cant remember. :) After buying our rations we headed out to a bog they were harvesting. It was neat seeing how they flood the bog and scoop up the berries. It was such a great day! Great weather, great company, great fall colors, and great cranberries!!!


Me & my mom

Agitating the water so the berries come off the plant and float to the top of the water
Corralling the cranberries





2 comments:

  1. That's such a great picture of you and your mom Jill. Sounds like a fun fall day. I have a trail mix bar recipe that includes cranberries if you are interested. They are really good. I need to post the recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had a super nice time and I’m still pinching myself that you and Eric are home. Love all of your pictures. Mom

    ReplyDelete