Thursday, December 15, 2011

White Christmas

For the last four years we have flown from Georgia to Minnesota to spend time with our families for Christmas. Every year we had beautiful white snow for Christmas and New Years. It was perfectly wonderful!

THIS year, the first year we are living back in MN, we have NO snow!! (sense the tone, I am a little peeved :) We have had two small snow falls but that snow has all melted away. Every morning on NPR they tell me that there will most likely be no more significant snow before Christmas....we are going to have a brown Christmas. I am bummed! Not only is it brown and dead looking outside but it is cold and we can not participate in our winter snow & ice activities. Like snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, and cross country skiing (wanted to try it this year). Yes, this is my pity party.

So, this weekend Eric and I plan on getting outside....despite the cold and muddy ground and do something! Most likely this will just be a long walk around a lake, but I have to get outside! And, I am praying for snow. It is going to be a long winter with out it! And, I feel a little cheated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment