Thursday, July 7, 2011

MN State Parks

Wow! I haven't blogged in FOREVER! But we have been busy! It has been great being back in MN and we have been enjoying our State Parks....that is until July 1st. The MN government shut down on July 1 when they couldn't reach a budget deal....so the state parks are closed! So Sad! Luckily we got to go to two before the shut down. There are two within 30 min from where we are staying right now. We walked/hiked about 4 miles at each one.

First up: Afton State Park. South of Stillwater on the St. Croix River.



We also went to William O'Brian State Park: North of Stillwater, also next to the St. Croix River. I have been here before when I was in High School/College with my friend Tara and her family.




We really enjoyed the open spaces and all of the beautiful trees. Everything here is super green and beautiful! The only thing we didn't expect was seeing a HUGE snake at the end of our hike at William O'Brian. It was white with black spots....no idea what it was but I don't think it was poisonous. Still freaky though!

I promise to pump out some more blogging in the next week! Hope you are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment