Friday, September 16, 2011

Nice Ride





When we moved back to MN and to the city life of Minneapolis, we knew that I needed to get a bike. Too bad they are SOOO expensive! But wait! There is this amazing program in MN called Nice Ride. Nice Ride is basically a bike rental that has stations all over the metro. I signed up last week for a years subscription....$40! So I can use the bikes whenever I want. The only catch is it costs more after the 1st 30 min. BUT I can just ride from one station to the next and "check in" and keep riding. It is great! I took my first ride yesterday along the West River parkway. It is a trail that goes along the Mississippi. I promise to take my camera next time and post some pictures! The 30 min ride felt great. I was cold at first since it was not quite 60 degrees but I warmed up after a little while. I plan to go at least 3 times a week before the season ends in November..... I am out of shape!!

No comments:

Post a Comment