Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kauai: Day 5

Our 5th day in Kauai as a little more laid back then the first few days. This day Eric and I headed to Hanalei Beach and Eric took surfing lessons while I enjoyed relaxing on the beach. It was a very cloudy day and I got sprinkled on a little, but I really enjoyed the down time.

View of mountain from Hanalei Beach - see the small white line on the mountain? Thats a waterfall!

Eric (far right) learning to surf

And he is up!

Hanalei Bay
 After surfing hard we decided to check out a taco truck that is parked by the pier in Hanalei bay. Apparently, Pat's Taqueria, is well known around the food scene and we had to check it out. We were pleased by some of the best tacos I have ever had! They were SOOOO good. If you ever find yourself in Hanalei, you gotta check this out!


After lunch we went back to our place and relaxed for the afternoon before going to a Luau at Smith's Garden. The Luau was fun. Nothing I would do again. The food was OK - nothing too special, and their performance was also OK. It was fun to see some of the dances but for the most part I would say it was a bit too long and slow moving.





No comments:

Post a Comment