Thursday, July 26, 2012

Garden

wow, so since we went to Kauai I have been blogging non stop about our trip! So here is a update on our community garden: it rocks! We have been able to harvest a TON of green beans, broccoli and lettuce so far. The radishes we done when we got back from our trip but I have planted a new row to hopefully have later in the summer. We also have carrots, peppers and tomatoes still growing and producing. I have a ton of zinnia flowers and some herbs that are doing well also. The garden has been a fun experience. Last weekend we had to pull some broccoli and all our lettuce because they stopped producing. I tried planing some more seeds of various things but I am not sure how they will do mid summer when it has been so hot here. For now we are still enjoying green beans and carrots. Hope to have peppers and tomatoes soon! Here are some pictures I took in June when we got back and everything was thriving:






No comments:

Post a Comment