Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kauai: Day 9

Our last day in Kauai we packed in a few more activities. We decided to try a little kayaking. As you know, we are big canoers....but kayaking is whole different ball game! We kayaked up the Hanalei river through the valley and farm land. It was about a 4 mile kayak trip and I was exhausted by the end! It did rain on us but since we were working hard, the rain felt good. It was nice to be on the river, but I am not sure I am well made for kayaking!I will leave this to our friends Michell and Kelly...I still prefer my canoe. :)






After kayaking we had a picnic lunch at a park in Hanalei. Before leaving Hanalei Eric and I also took one last walk on the beach. It was a beautiful afternoon!









We went back to our place, packed up and hit to road to the airport. Along the way we stopped and Duane's Ono-Char Burgers. They are amazingly delicious! My parents were staying a few more days so they dropped us off at the airport and headed back to the rental home. Goodbye Kauai.... until next time.... Mahalo and Aloha!




No comments:

Post a Comment