Tuesday, August 16, 2011

State Park Hikes

Since my last post about our State Park hikes I, Eric and I have visited two more. We went to Interstate state park and Wild River state park a couple weeks ago. Our first hike at Interstate was great! We hiked along the St. Croix river and then up some sandstone bluffs for a total of four miles. On part of the trial we did more than 450 stairs. I was not prepared for that but it felt good to do a little hard work!


Our next hike at Wild River should have been 8 miles....BUT the first loop we tried we got about a 1/4 of a mile before we reached a part of the trail that was flooded. So we turned around and tried another loop. This one was an ok trail. Mostly flat, kind of buggy, and then at the end....also flooded. Thankfully it was at the end of the trail and we decided to just walk through water. So overall, not my favorite hike but it was decent exercise.

I have some great pictures from Interstate State Park but not from Wild River. Pictures will come later... I haven't had time to download and edit them but will post as soon as I can! So stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment